Yayasan Cipta formerly known as YCCP is a non profit organization established in 2008 with expertise and long experience in advocacy, behaviour change, community mobilization, social marketing and social research. The expertise and broad experience of Yayasan Cipta are covering the area of health, environment including water, sanitation, hygiene, environmental conservations, Family Planning, Reproductive Health, infectious diseases, Mother and Child health, Nutrition. Yayasan Cipta’s vision is improving health literacy of Indonesian societies and become health advocates to improve quality of life. Please visit our www.yayasancipta.org.
Funded by the USAID, and Indonesia Private Sectors, Yayasan Cipta is working together with the Wahana Visi Indonesia in the Partnership to Accelerate Stunting Reduction in Indonesia (PASTI) Program. PASTI Program aims to contribute to the acceleration of stunting reduction and improvement of nutrition status in government priority provinces by 2026. Relevant to the program Yayasan Cipta’s focus locations Provinces are in Banten and East Java.
In support to the above background Yayasan Cipta at the moment is in urgent need for :
Position Title: 1 (one) Provincial Team Leader – East Java
Position Base: Surabaya, Indonesia
Reporting to the Program Manager – PASTI Project, the Provincial Team Leader Key duties will include project management and coordination with stakeholders including reporting. Coordinating and working together with and through the partners including government counterparts at sub-national level for project implementation.
Strategy Development & Planning
- Develop conceptualize modules for program implementation
- Develop project priorities and approaches are based on community and partners’ capacities, needs, resources and opportunities and in alignment with Stunting Reduction (Rencana Aksi Nasional) National strategy or Standards.
- Coordinate revision of plans and budgets for program at district level in response to monitoring, reflection and learning with the community and the program team.
- Plan and implement effective initiatives in order to achieve performance targets as stated in project proposals/designs.
Resource Acquisition & Management
- Prepare program budgets in consultation with key partners for management and donor approval and ensure funds are spent in alignment with budgets in a timely manner.
- Monitor program expenditures to ensure that they are within the project budget at national level and in accordance with Yayasan Cipta financial policies and donor’s requirements
- Work cooperatively with finance to develop and monitoring budgets and also all supply chain management to comply with the procedures and SOPs (in line with YC’s standard)
- Ensure the effective management and engagement of key stakeholders and partners to maximize program impact and success in provinces to district Level
Capacity Building and Technical Support
- Ensure capacity building of all program staff
- Ensure capacity building of all program staff and local CSOs, enhancing their commitment, character, competence, and critical thinking. Work with staff to ensure they are implementing an appropriate capacity development plan which will enable the project to meet its goals
- Promote ongoing reflection and learning among staff
- Develop dynamic organizational culture for the project that conveys the principles of a “Learning Organization” and applies principles of our Core Documents, policies, manuals, and procedures.
- Share lessons learned of program implementation with communities, development partners and other YC Partnership stakeholders at province Level
- Provide guidance and assistance to specialist staff on project planning and implementation, as required.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual and final reports as a basis for capacity building and performance management including actively participation in Quarterly Meeting with Donor
Accountability & Quality Assurance
- Closely monitoring the project in 2 Districts in each province (progress, challenge, impact, evidence-based result, expenditures) in year one.
- Ensure that the processes of planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation are performed on time with high quality.
- Responsible in delivering the project activities to achieve the goal.
- Manage and report on the budget according to accountability standards of the national office and donor guidelines, while ensuring the highest levels of financial stewardship and integrity.
- Ensure that the DME enable the program and the projects to make a defined and measurable in working together with partners.
- Ensure that the DME processes and products are in alignment with donor standards and submitted project milestones.
- Ensure monitoring system and tools are used by all staff to track the progress of project implementation, and to capture learning.
- To prepare project documentation and reporting at national level to ensure all required report are submitted on time, accurate, and complete. This is including provision of information for monthly report, quarterly report, monitoring checklist, along with updated indicator tracking table and project documentation, and host visits of sponsors, donors, and YC staff from other offices and coordinate with Communications Unit all media and donor visits to the project area.
- Ensure that the programs and projects contribute to supporter transformation
Networking & Coordination
- Active participate in regular coordination with Donor both online and offline including facilitate Donor monitoring visits to program locations and coordination meeting with Government, program stakeholders and program beneficiaries
- Coordinate with zone and national grant management to ensure coordinated and effective program implementation.
- Proactively and positively represent YC to internal and external partners and stakeholders to support the organisation’s development aims.
- Develop robust networks and excellent relationships with stakeholders in support of key program messages to increase understanding and support for YC’s cause and ministry.
- Coordinate with like-minded GOs, NGOs, FBOs to increase partnerships and strengthen advocacy messages.
- Coordinate with implementing partners and government offices in district level and province level.
Management and Leadership
- Provide line management for the program including performance management, coaching and capacity building.
- Provide overall leadership for program staff recruitment, retention, capacity building (including caching and mentoring), workload management, and orientation; and Develop appropriate organizational chart, Job Descriptions and performance goals according to Project Design and AOP
- Submit core reports with completeness, quality and timeliness:
- Create an enabling and positive team environment where staff are able to develop their talents and grow in their development sector skills, knowledge and professionalism
- Facilitate effective teamwork, coordination and work planning among coordinators, officers, facilitators, and administrative staff to ensure program implementation as standard
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Development Studies or related field/s will be highly valued
- A minimum of 3 years of experience serving as Team Leader/Project Management in project evaluation, design, methods, management, assessment, research studies and implementation in health related projects particularly childhood nutrition and mother-children health. Strong understanding of childhood nutrition issue.
- Demonstrated experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis. Gender and age group analysis skills preferred.
- Background in USAID’s cross-cutting program priorities, such as gender equality and women’s empowerment, youth, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising effectively with and reporting to internationals donors.
- Have good networking with government counterparts at sub-national level and familiarity with government working group of childhood nutrition such as TPPS.
- Experience facilitating and providing leadership in collaborative and participatory evaluations with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- The ability to produce preliminary and final reports on time.
- Ability to communicate with English both verbal and written.
- Have strong capacity to plan, implement, monitor and reporting on development programs/activities
- Strong analytical abilities, excellent communication, excellent presentation skills and writing skills.
- Demonstrate ability to share result confidently.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, sensitivity, responsiveness, respectful and helpful towards team members, donors and partners.
- Plans, coordinates and organize workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines.
- Continuously approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage challenges.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
The closing date for application is 22nd September 2023. This position is designated for Indonesia citizen only. Interested candidates shall submit their application letter and CV (max. 5 pages in MS Word format) to email@example.com by quoting PTL PASTI-EJ— followed by name of applicant – as the subject. Only short listed candidates will be notified for interviews. Due to the immediate requirement for the position the interview shall be started as soon as suitable candidates being identified.